St. Patrick's Day Inspired Dog Cookie
Are you ready with your green for St. Patrick's Day? If not you may get pinched! To get in the spirit, try out this dog friendly cookie recipe made with coconut flour and spinach (or kale). Teddy is one of those weird dogs that likes kale. You can always use wheatgrass or kale powder to give a natural green color. Let us know how you plan to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with your pup!
1.5-2 Cups Coconut Flour (use any flour, preferably white to allow the green color to stand out)
4 handfuls of spinach/kale
1cup of water
Shamrock cookie cutter- find it here
Medium sized bowl & spatula
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring 1cup of water to boil in pot. Add 4 handfuls of spinach/kale and boil covered for about 5 minutes.
Pour into food processor and puree.
4. Mix egg & spinach/kale puree in bowl. Slowly add in the flour, stirring to combine until you have play-doh like consistency. Add more/ less flour or water as needed.
5. Roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
6. Use cookie cutter to make shamrock shape. Carefully transfer to greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 15-25 mins. Time is different for each type of flour used. Keep an eye on the cookies as they bake.
8. Allow cookies to cool & Enjoy!
Monitor your cookies while baking- some of our cookies turned brown from baking too long.
Teddytakesthecity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and incorporates affiliate links.